My fav brand

My favourite brand is Hed Mayner which is a quite young brand who won the LVMH Karl Lagerfeld Prize in 2019. Born in Amuka, Northern Israel, he began his studies at the Bezalel School of Fine Arts in Jerusalem, before flying to Paris where he studied and graduated from the French Institute of Fashion. After graduation, he founded his namesake brand and dropped first collection in 2015. 

The old Jewish tailoring is more about wrapping the body rather than shaping garment itself. At the same time, the idea of luxury does not exist in Jerusalem in the same way it does in Europe.  The tailoring is never really perfect, but it still looks refined and noble. Due to his culture background, his design shows a kind of religious mystery. 

(Back to the garments itself, )Hed Mayner focus on the connection between human and garments. Body language is the key word for the brand. He loves to use oversized silhouette and proportion which seems like wearing big brother’s jacket. It shows a sense of both strength and vulnerability. Meanwhile, some religious and military elements including decorative ear of wheats, strange but religious hats, cargo pocket also present in his garments. In terms of fabric, Hed Mayner usually uses cotton and linen to shape stiff silhouette. About colour scheme, he likes using low saturation collar such as creamy white, camel and light grey.

The reason why I love this brand is because Hed Mayner perfectly describe minimalism but not boring. Hed Mayner’s aesthetic system is quite novel and attractive. Their garments are lowkey but unique which high quality which met my needs of building my wardrobe.