H&M

One of my favourite fashion brands is H&M. I have always loved shopping there as their products are of a good price and of high quality. H&M as a brand have always kept up to date with trends and provide a wide range of styles and sizing for customers.

H&M are also a sustainable brand and talk a lot about their efforts and journey to become sustainable to help the people, animals and the planet overall. 

https://hmgroup.com/sustainability/circularity-and-climate/

I have attached a link which takes you to a page on the H&M group website. The page talks a lot about Biodiversity and Climate Change and how we can make the fashion world a better place to create change. H&M is very passionate about animal welfare strongly stating that ‘No animals are harmed during the making of their products.’ This is another reason why I am passionate about them as a brand as I am very much against companies that support the harm of animals for their clothing.

By 2025 latest, H&M wants to reach full agreement and only source from farms with good animal agriculture for all animal-derived materials.

By end of 2025, H&M claim all wool used in their products should come from farms certified to the Responsible Wool Standard.

H&M have strong views and passions for the idea of Gender Equality. In their own operations, women make up 76% of their global colleagues and 72% of their leaders.

H&M Group welcomes any measures that offer greater protection of workers like the International Labour Organization’s Convention 190 and Recommendation 206, which recognise the right of everyone to work in an environment free from violence and harassment. This shows how H&M as a brand value the idea of inclusion and diversity.

The engagement of Stakeholders for H&M is crucial. As a brand, they understand the importance of new ideas to promote their products. Social media is one way, as we many people know, However, they’re are many more alternatives to promoting a brand whilst creating change. One way H&M does this is by collaborating with partners and innovators such as WWF, ILO and the Ellen MacArthur Foundation. 

Foundations like these are empowering and important for everyone to know about them. Brands like H&M collaborating with these foundations will help the Fashion world lead our planet into greater change.