PALACE

Founded in 2009 by Lev Tanju, Palace quickly become one of the leading brands for skateboards as well as clothing. For me I chose this brand as one of my top fashion brands as I find their clothing is unique and authentic, they are a unisex brand with style and fit being more closely suited to the male body. However, do not exclusively sell for men, it is something that is never mentioned, for me I love how easy it feels when shopping their as It makes me feel comfortable to try anything. 

There is a consistent theme throughout the clothing you can buy form palace and that is, comfort being key. All products are comfy, easy and oversized which allows a more laid-back aesthetic one that fits in with target consumer being a skateboarder. The comfort of their clothes also runs into their social media pages being led with a very laid back, don’t give a sh*t approach by responding to negative comments and having a laugh when it comes to descriptions of their clothes on the web store. This shows how the brand is being communicated to the public and is one of the main futures of why It’s my favourite brand as its unconventional. 

“Every piece sold out instantly”

(Nast, 2019)

Palace have collaborated with many brands such as, arc’teryx, reebok, Calvin Klein, ralph Lauren and most recently Adidas. These collaborations they have done shows how in tune they are with their consumers and style the fit into, for the brands points of view it opens up a whole new consumer but from a consumer aspect it as it offers new creative designs and also gives us knowledge on a brand we may not have heard of before. During their most recent collaboration with Adidas both the brands worked consciously to make the adidas ultra-boost 21 shoe to become a sustainable product as well as making a cap and some socks “go from being 68% to 97% recycled materials” (Willson, 2021)

(Adidas X Palace shoe, 2021)

I think that the next direction palace should go into next is introducing more sustainable lines to move forward with the changing world, from a marketing point of view I think they should stary doing more gruella marketing like the brand unknown who did a treasure hunt to find products. This produced so much publicity for the brand and would be a great starting point to make the brand more known across other areas of fashion. 

Resources

Willson, T., 2021. Palace and adidas Reunite For Sustainability-Focused Running Capsule. [online] HYPEBEAST. Available at: <https://hypebeast.com/2021/10/palace-skateboards-adidas-running-collection-fw21-release-info> [Accessed 3 October 2022].

2021. Adidas X Palace shoe. [image] Available at: <https://hypebeast.com/2021/10/palace-skateboards-adidas-running-collection-fw21-release-info> [Accessed 3 October 2022].

Nast, C., 2019. The ten fashion items that defined the past decade. [online] British GQ. Available at: <https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/fashion/gallery/10-items-of-decade> [Accessed 3 October 2022].